Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Here's Something for You

     Reports of the many disasters, hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, civil wars, famines, and ethnic cleansings that are bombarding us with requests to donate, volunteer, sign petitions, or call congress are physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausting.  
   I've just completed a fund-raising drive to combat world hunger and chronic malnutrition, so I was one of those people asking you to give your money and time for a worthy cause. 
   Borrowing a guiding principle from yoga, where every posture is counter-balanced with a posture in the opposite direction, in this article instead of asking I’m going to give.
    I now want to thank each and every one of you for your effort, however large or small, that you make in your everyday life to contribute to the sanity, peace, respect, and harmony in this world.
    To my readers, followers, friends, family, acquaintances, students, and all the people with whom you so generously share my articles, and to the donors, rescue workers, medics, and neighbours, who every day come to the aid of all living beings, I thank you for your effort in helping to increase the light in this world, for opening your hearts, pockets and homes, and for easing the pain and distress of those who need a hand up now.
     I rejoice in your arms-flung-wide response to relieving the suffering in this world.
     May your kindness and compassion manifest with abundance beyond your wildest imaginings.
   [Incidentally the walk was a success as we raised a significant amount for Hurricane Relief efforts plus the education and feeding of children around the world.]  
     My deepest thanks to you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. Casey